Sunday 4 September 2005

a summary of what i have been up to :)

It is strange, but i have been quiet for a long time... I barely have time for my friends anymore... apa lagi my family... Not really out of choice, but more of obligations and responsibilities and something towards the program i really want to join!

Just so that you know, we have completed the Special Olympics, and the GALA NIGHT was spectacular!!! Even if i say so myself.... but then, the princesses praised us for our work :) so i am very very pleased...

We were so tired.... people were so demanding... and there were only 4 people in this committee... its was very stressful in the beginning... but we pull through... our volunteers were wonderful! The technicians in Empire were wonderful... We had MAJOR problems with the electrical stuff... but a lot of people did not realised it :) So... again... I am so so happy! We had the support of our staff's HUSBAND... It was great.. it was GREAT! BUT... something else has to be said about the food that was served! YUCK did not even described it...

Then, I had my orientation for the youth ship... We had to stay overnight in the Berakas forest reserve for 2 nights, as well as several nights at Pusat Belia. It was lots of fun... the girls talked through out the night... we talked and talked... and i am so suprised with the "vocabulary" they used.... Never in my entire life have i used such vulgar language... its weird hearing it from the young ladies!

It was also during this orientation that i experienced what sprained ankle feels like!!! It was horrible! The pain was excruciating!!! It did not happen immediately, but a few hours later!!! Sleeping was a difficulty, and I sleep anywhere, any time!

The second time I sprained my ankle was in the forest doing an activity :) I thought my ankle was feeling better, so i joined in the activity... One of it was following the leader, blindfolded (ME being the leader of my team!)... we were brought through the forest... it was cool... it was fun... towards the end, i kind of paid less attention to where i was stepping, so i kind of slipped again,... on the healing ankle! It was horrible... Blindfolded... my ankle was killing me... Tears were streaming down my cheeks... But my team won first place... It was a mixed feeling of joy and pain! More of pain i think... i remember "running" back to my camp and getting the "GEL" appropraite to speed up healing!

We also had something like the "Amazing Race" where we were given clues in envelopes, and was asked to move around with only $4 per person, and with either 5 or 6 people per team. We had to catch buses, hitch rides, be economical, find souvineers, bla bla bla... that was very very interesting :) MY team, won Second PLACE.... he he he he...

The only activity I did not like much and was lucky enough not to join because of my sprained ankle for the second time (God was looking after me), was when we were brought to the forest after dinner, i remember distinctly, 9 pm sharp. They brought you to the middle of no where without anything, other than a whistle to share... and separate you individually, and make you sit in this "space" they created till the early hours... Lucky for all of us, the weather was not permitting, so they called everyone in after an hour... Some were really shocked and afraid from the activity... I understand the rational they made up for the activity, but i believed we could have done it better in a different environment!

Soon after, we continued our dancing routine... oh... i failed to mentioned that i was elected to be the youth leader for this years Youth Ship... and I am the second "GIRL" elected since 1985, our formal participation! It is an honour... and i appreciate their belief in me... i never failed to believe in myself *wink* I hope i can carry out the duties as well as they hoped me to... It is stressful...

OUR dancing routine is getting along FINE... there are several things we have to get used to, especially the joget, but otherwise, it was a really good thing... I am proud of all... they are able to dance and move gracefully!!!

My "boys and girls" also known as PYs (Participating Youths) are mostly good... I get along with most of them... But, as we all know, and have gone through this so many times in our lives, we can't get along with everyone... We can't please every one... or it can't be a "PERFECT" community... there are always sour grapes amongst us... and this year's group is no different... I have been told, this year's group is the BEST group so far... and i am proud of that... but these few people I cannot get along with... I have a bad feeling about them... and my insinct is usually RIGHT!!!

Another bad thing that I was faced with since joining this program is that it only instill my failing faith in MEN!!! They may be nice,... but their behaviours of leering, unable staying faithful to their girlfriends... their "BIG TALK", their even bigger "EGO"... it is all so disguisting! The girls may appear to be innocent and sweet, but I know not all of them are such... I thought I have seen plenty.... I saw more in this program... it is an eye opener...

To end this entry, I'll post you some pictures we took... Have fun reading... maybe you'll know and get the feeling of the FUN i have gone through :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

San Jose State tops Eastern, 35-24
New Orleans Left to the Dead and Dying Bush Sends More Than 7,000 Troops to Gulf Last 300 Refugees Leave Superdome Another Storm Possible in Hard-Hit Region Katrina's Wrath Hits Holiday Drivers Roberts Appears ...
Thank you for creating this blog. You have a lot of useful information!

My site candle making course has lots of candle making course information you may enjoy.

Let me know if you like it.

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...