Thursday 31 August 2006

Final working day in RIPAS

It never occured to me that one day I would be leaving RIPAS Hospital. I have always thought my life starts and ends there... I have resigned to the fate that I would forever be slaving myself to the society of Brunei-Muara District... Somehow, this realisation of what I thought my life's plan was, changed in May, while I was holidaying in Kota Kinabalu with friends for the weekend!

Though I have suggested the idea several years ago, I never thought that it would, one day, come back its way to me... and was given a chance to realise a dream... an aspiration, I thought I wanted to do... Has all that changed? YES, it has... and as for now, I am not sure what i want to do in life... Living without a plan is something I am not used to... I have always had a life's plan...

How do I feel about moving to Kuala Belait now? I am not sure... Sometimes i feel it as a blessing, because it is an easy way out of something uncomfortable, that has been going on for a while now.. It is also a blessing to be given this rare opportunity to start something new... where you can do anything and everything... so its your chance to show the country that you can do this... singlehandly :P

But I know I am going to miss comforts Bandar Seri Begawan offers me... What you may ask... well... for instance, the great arrays and choices of shops, restaurants, bookstores etc... and also having my family and some friends close and near, even if i do not talk to them daily!

A few weeks ago, I started to clear my stuffs and table again, after talking a break from it. I finally managed to clear EVERY single paper and book into boxes and transfered them to KB Hospital. It was very emotional for me... I didn't think that I would miss my table so much... As of today, I've been working in the clinic, using the same table (not necessarily the same spot) for 6 years 6 months and 7 days. (I should have blogged yesterday, I would have gotten a nice number)

I felt this sudden sadness overwhelming me... I am going to miss my table so much... I am going to miss the computers that don't work (because i won't have any), missing the photocopier the most... and delicious food prepared every morning by the diligent Mak Cik, who's aim in life is to fatten you up! I am not complaining :P

I have transfered cases of my current case load to a collegue and I am going to miss them dearly. Most of them are sweethearts... and I am going to miss the hugs... and wet kisses, on the cheeks and the lips :P Most of all, I am going to miss my regulars, whom have been undergoing training for several years... I wish them well... and progress progress progress...

I am not going to have a farewell party as suggested because I will ony be in Kuala Belait, and that, the last time i checked, is still part of Brunei Darussalam!!! A lot of people have been asking when i would be having this 'party'... never... unless i am marying a foreigner and he is whisking me back to his exotic land...

And i am not going to say goodbye(s) to all the rest... because its not exctly goodbye is it... we will still be working together, as a team, working and striving together to make an individual better and 'normalise'his everyday functions, activities and communications...

As of today, my clinic in KB is still table and chair-less... computer-less, toy-less, file-less, appointment card-less and more... I'll blog more to tell you how interesting working life is in Kuala Belait... For now, i won't complain as i need to familiarise myself with the new place and system, and get to know the right people to get things done... I also need to unpack... sigh....

I only hope i won't feel so lonely and desolated there...

Bye RIPAS Hospital...
Bye Bandar Seri Begawan...
Bye Gadong...
Bye Delima...
Bye home.....
Hello Kuala Belait...

29 comments:

FR said...

kaka.. im gonna miss you!!! lOTS LOTS!!!

And be warned that there will be people who wont like you, who you wont like, who'd comment on ur malay ;p and lots more!!! But that will ofcourse all change when they realise how nice u actually are =)

Love you kak!!! hope you have a good time in KB!!!

Anonymous said...

Sapa Lagi

Don't be sad as KB is not the end of the world!!! will miss u though. Don't worry will come and visit you. Im planning to go to KB on 14th Sept 2006. Im taking my CLMV to OGDC in the am, pm will be the Belait District Office and after that we can meet le... mau?

Will talk to you soon.

Now Aunty Cheng wants to say hello
Hi Mil',
KB is a fine plc full of exciting people!!!!!!!

My brother is there working so you can also check him out being your long lost cousin. My cheh2 is also there.

Be happy. I know people actually love it d kb, peaceful, no traffic jam and a easy , litle hectic life. . . macam holiday.

A little note a fren gave me which i carry with me all d time


u can laugh the whole day
u can cry the whole day
u still have to get through the day
so . . . which one you choose?

Okay mil. will c you soon.

Love Cheh2 Cheng

Padian said...

Thanks people... I do like KB working environment. My CEO sounds like a reasonable man... My clinic is tiny but cosy...

i suppose, its re-adjustment phase... I had one from Brunei to UK (that was fun), from UK to Brunei (That took a long time) and now this... I'll survive...

and Chea... re-connecting with long lost family *wink* that's an idea tapi inda jua biasa tu :P and *blush* i dunno who they are :P ha ha ha...

Anonymous said...

p3ohf6 The best blog you have!

Anonymous said...

XhEfVl Good job!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

v5puk7 write more, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...