Sunday 3 September 2006

I am in Kuala Belait..

Here I am.. In Kuala Beliat, today being my third day... I still don't have a place of my own, and is living with my maternal uncle, whom has been kind enough to spare a room for myself. And in the new clinic, I still don't have any of the items I have mentioned in the earlier blog... Life is slow...

Yesterday, was my first day of work. I came early and brought my personal computer to the clinic. I wasn't given a computer, and since a computer is important to my patient filing system, I have to get going!!! I can't just sit around and do nothing! That is just so not my style... PLUS, I would go out of my mind sitting around not doing anything!!

Yesterday (Saturday), I also saw my first patient as a permanent Speech and Language Therapist in Kuala Belait. Its an old patient who wants to get further treatment. She had been previously discharged, but the day before yesterday (Friday), we met in SOON LEE, and being patients, asked for an appointment...

Yesterday also, I 'melapor diri' to my new CEO. He is a very nice man. We talked for about half an hour. He talked about stuff that he was expecting me to do... He also talked about his plans and aspirations for the clinic and its expansion. But I was disappointed on only one count... He didn't offer to bring me around and show me the hospital... I really do not know the people or the place... so it means i have to find out about the hospital myself, like i did Hospital RIPAS... WHY WHY WHY???

Yesterday also, my mum and cousin decided to come up to KB and sleep over. Today, this afternoon, we have a family function with my mum's uncle. I guess I have to go, being here now...

I have explored the MAIN shopping areas... namely, the town (which I have been exploring for a few years) and the NEWEST Soon Lee, very near my uncle's place... I MISS SHOPPING in BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN... I miss the usual window shopping spree i usually do after work, even if there is nothing to see most times...

I found out that things are much more expensive here. Even vegetables are more pricey! I will have to go back to bandar to get all my food... or maybe, i should just go to miri and get my weekly food stash? I wonder if that is a good idea. I don't know either place well... I should buy a map :P sounds like new adventure for me...

I won't be blogging for a while now. My personal computer is in the clinic and i do not own a laptop. My uncle's modem is recently ruined from the thunderstorm we has several weeks ago. It means, I have to go to Bandar and beg my sister to lend me hers for a couple of hours, or get my PC back but let work slide, or get a laptop. Neither of the choices are 'simple'. Help me make a decision???

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...