Monday 7 August 2006

Yunan, China

Dearest People,

I AM IN CHINA.. Specifically, I am in Jiang Chan, Yunan, south west of China. I was travelling with a group of people from Brunei yesterday from 10 in the morning, arriving at 10 pm at the airport, and another 2 hours drive to reach the hotel and conference venue!

We were exhausterd, but seeing that the people were friendly and greeted us lavishly with flowers and more... We were humbled. We also thought that we would be staying in the "middle of nowhere" since its another 2 hours drive... but was PLESANTLY suprised when we arrived.

The hotel is a 4 star hotel.. and it is just nest to a lake.. a fresh water lake... and the second largest and deepest in the whole of the land. I also get to sleep in my own room... NO SHARING! I have 2 single beds to myself... and a TV and also a clean toilet :) its exciting.

ON top of that... we are being served HALAL food by this muslim chef, waiter and waitress... While we eat and drink, they stand still to wait for our need. And its no ordinary dishes we are getting. We are served like 13 dishes per meal!!! From chicken to meat to vegetables to mushrooms and more... its really a pleasure... wasted are the food I brought along thinking I would be starving again like i did on my trip to THAILAND!!!

This morning, since the conference starts tomorrow, we walked along the coast of the lake. We had a magnificient view of this island in the middle of the lake. You can even see 10 meters deep into the lake. The deepest being 102 meters. Its really beautiful. Even if we do not have the opportunity to shop since we are evry far away from the city, the scenery is breathtaking... and does my brain and heart a LOT of good.

The people are friendly even if we do not understand a word they are saying. The more you try to communicate with them, the more they shy away from you. Its interesteing because, from certain people, i get this impression that they are manipulative and blood suckers! They are different from that!

Okay... I think i would blog this only... just to let you know that I am still around... and that I am think of what to write next. When I do not have to pay for what i write, i'll write more... till then, you all take care... and I will have FUN :) and mingle with the others.

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...