Monday 2 April 2007

What would you do when....

Not all my friends at University are practicing Speech Therapy - not that i am in touch with all of them. But i do know a few that has stopped practicing. A few has gone forward and become research professors, done their Phd as well as masters. me??

I know in the UK, not all graduates of Speech Therapy proceed to become Speech and Language Therapists. And I assume this to be true in other parts of the world as well. There is this girl that had graduated with Speech Therapy from Australia, but upon returning, decided not to do it. Me??

After how many years of working would you realise you are not progressing?

After how many years would you realised you are giving more than your share?

When would you realise your efforts are unappreciated?

When do you start realising you are working within a system that does not change and probably will not change for the better? A system that FIGHTS good changes?

When do you start realising your heart is no longer in it?

And when you realise these, do you QUIT? Move forward to other work opportunities, outside your field?

What do you or would you do when you realised you are bored with what you are doing now?

3 comments:

cells said...

hi kak,

I think if all that happens to me and I realize im no longer into doing what i was once interested in..i will try to find alternatives to make it interesting.

but if it reached to a point that i dont even care about the work..the people involved in it...and i just pass the day doing it because i have to, not becuase i want to..then i guess yes, I will quit and find something that is more of my current interest..
even if it is outside my field..and give it a shot.

Padian said...

ok... i'll keep looking then...

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. I know how you feel.. exactly!

xxx
bulan

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...