Sunday 10 October 2021

Welcome back!

 How long has it been? I almost forgot this place exists - it took me awhile to search for access or even the link to the blog! I really have forgotten! Luckily, I saved or linked things and regained access! AMAZING!!!

How did I get to thinking about this again?? I was browsing WhatsApp status of people on my contacts - Something I do not do often. And one person had an image that said "To understand yourself: Write". Naturally, I responded saying "True" and shared that I had a diary and blog that I wrote about stuff. Occasionally, I read my entries and rediscover things about me that I had forgotten. It helps me to understand me better. 

Few days before the conversation I had with the friend, I had similar conversation with my sisters where we encouraged my nephew to record his childhood through other methods such as drawing, writing, vlogging etc. How uncanny! 

I love reading through my entries over time - I have not changed much over the years. Some of my opinions remain the same e.g. my entry on 18th January 2005 on "Blog: An insight to the soul? Daring or Stupid?". Some entries remains my favourite - its funny, charming, light, enthusiastic. Some entries were sad and angry - and when I read them, I feel them all back. Memories rushes back to me. I can visualize the situation as it happened, me writing on my PC etc. Such is the beauty of words. 

So having that twice in a month, reading my entries and memories flooding back - perhaps maybe I should write again?

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...