Thursday 27 July 2006

It has been some time, and a fe has been asking me to write some more... what can i say.... life has stood still?

I've always looked forward to working... never moan or groan to go to work... just hate to wake up in the morning... but doing the work.. seeing patients... I have never grumbled first thing in the morn... Now... I go to work, i work and i go home... clockwork...

I have turned into the person i was accused of... not caring... and now no one cares that i don't care... they leave me alone... when i cared... everyone was on my case as to why I do not make more of an effort... and now that i have proved to them, unlike before, that i do not care... they do nothing... why?

So maybe a move is good for me afterall... so maybe god knows what's going to happen before you even sniffed what is going to happen... everything happened for a reason right...

I was waiting for my boss downstairs today... i was waiting outside my building... It was just a few minutes...

IN that few minutes, i was looking around... I saw...

a frail old man with both his legs amputated waiting for his ride... and with him was his daughter or daughter-in-law. When his son came along... he greeted him with a warm smile and lifted him into the car... no grumbling... no moans...

another person i saw was this young lady... she is always in the hospital.. she sells rice, noodles, cakes and nuts to all the department in my building. She is usually the earliest one there... i saw her since before she was pregnant, during her pregnancy and now with her baby...

I saw a woman with her teenage daughter left the building together... they were talking and smiling... chatting aware and was not even aware that i was looking...

What do all these people have that i do not have?

Happiness.... and perhaps a peace of heart and mind...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi PAdian,Love reading your blogs,sad,funny,things that i can relate to daily lives in Brunei, i was a bit touch reading this latest blogs of your,where it seems that happiness is what you are looking for at the moment, be patience,but then again start digging deep to find it.Keep on blogging its nice to have lots of bruneians that writes very well nowadays, got your blog links from Bruneiresources(one of my fav local blog)U take care and be happy

Padian said...

Thanks Anonymous... I recently 'discovered' bruneiresources as well... i like the writing, too.

Anonymous said...

As you know i love giving comments..so here goes.

What is happiness? Contentment, joy, a sense of being, delight, pleasure, cheerfulness, jubilation etc. Is it hard to come by?

Happiness is abstract. We can find happiness anywhere and everywhere. Happiness is a "rezeki" and when we feel happy, we should be grateful. Happiness cannot be taken for granted cos it can be fleeting but when it happens, grab it and enjoy....

I think you are in a limbo and as such...searching for that elusive something that we all called "happiness".

Balance is the key. How to find your centre...that's another topic worth exploring....

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...