Monday 27 November 2006

Trip to the dentist!

There are several things i hate in life, and one of them is visiting the dentist. I have this vivid memory of a child ushered to the dentist's room to pull my teeth! I wasn't sure what was wrong with it, but, yup, it was pulled out.

I distinctively remember i was giving everyone a hard time. Who blame me, I was SACRED! (May i add, i must have been 4 or less) I was kicking and screaming. The doctor (Male) had to pull me down into the dentist chair! and the assistant had to extract my teeth out, while my mum was at the side watching it happen. (She just got back from UK)

Since then, i only go to see them if I have to, like when i was in Primary six (1988), i had one teeth extracted - decay. Again, when i got my scholarship (1996), in 2000 i had a medical check up, and then in 2003 my monthly paid check up, last year when Jackie graciously offered the family a check up, and few months ago when my teeth were sensitive to chew food on.

Since the last time, I was given an appointment, and it happened to be today. I was to have my last molar on the upper left side specifically cleaned and filled permanently (I was to have a filling!). (I had to call jackie for this word - mental block!)

The doctor happens to be a nice man... I was really scared... Of course, I pretended not to be and brought along a funny book to de-stress me, breathe heavily and such, but we both know that i was stressed in the chair, and was very tense. I also forgotten to breathe until he told me to! which was embarrassing since he knew that i was staff!

Anyways, he told me long ago that i needed a filling and since it was sensitive, i might need a little 'injection' to make it numb and less painful. I didn't think much after the temporary filling - so i went along...

As i was waiting for my turn, i didn't think much as well... it was only when he brought and talked as he almost did the procedure, and i saw the metal injection near my face, i panicked...

i struggled in my seat, attempted to sit up, jiggled and moved... catch my breath and then slip back into the chair... as if nothing happened... this time, with my eyes closed... not totally... both the dentist and his assistant was shocked to see what i did... i gave them a 'harsh' laugh... OH MY GOD! I really can crawl under my bed now from embarrassment!

The injection didn't hurt... he was really gentle... that was very nice... and no matter how hard he push or dig, it didn't hurt... so i was quite happy... then... as i lying in the chair, I saw my reflection on the dentist's plastic face protector!

and guess what i did... yup! I started at it... it was only when he stopped briefly that i realised that i was staring into his eyes! Ha ha ha.... I looked away!!!

ha ha ha... Maybe i should stick to family dentist only!! And this time, i shall try to make it a point to see them twice a year! i shall put it in my diary!

that is my dentist trip- i have to say i was very brave... the last time i went to see a dentist, to make a mould for an EPG equipment, i was pushed and pulled into the dentist's room! ha ha ha... and was sweating like a pig!

and so... family members, come forward with your horror stories and experiences while in the dentist's chair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe..funny...i remember something similar happening to me too. but im always happy whenver the dentist showered me with stickers after that. hehe.

now that i cant be please with stickers anymore, i skipped from going to the dentist twice sudah for my medical check up. thanks to u (when i was applying for i cant remember what..hehe) and jaxs ( when im applying for the scholarship) ;p

does it runs in the family??? the answer is i think so...as i recall a few other family members yang also 'dislike' visits to the doctors...:)

Boing Boing said...

heh heh. i remember being held down dulu oleh my bapa & aunty nor masa damit... kicking & screaming!!! heh heh heh... and always kena belikan patung after that ;)

m a bit braver now with the dentist thing. cabut my wisdom this year & inda lagi takut. hehehe... my pa always says, "gigit tangan bapa" or "nah, ambil my cucuk gigi". hehehe, its for luck!!!

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...