Wednesday 7 March 2007

STPRI is going to celebrate her Golden Jubilee

its really rare to see me read brunei's newspaper. I find them, lacking in substance... Plus, I listen to the radio's news for everyday update, and that is already enough. anyways, I was tempted to read the papers today and i saw an ad that attracted me... It took me twice to read to really understand it... but i understood it... i was excited.

The school placed an ad in the local newspaper to inform all of her Golden Jubilee that is upcoming... and they were also looking for students from the year 1957-1990. They wanted name, address, telephone no, email as well as years of education at STPRI. These information can be sent via a phone call at 2222245 (Office hours only), Fax: 2226746 and email: stpri@moe.edu.bn . They also have a website now... so go to http://stpri.wordpress.com

in my excitement, as i returned home, i texted all i knew in my phone book to inform them of this. If they are anything like me, not reading the papers, because we have other better things to do, well... they needed to be informed :)

A lot of my family members belong in this era of students the school is looking for. I, myself, was in STPRI already in 1990 - though, despite believes, i was only in Form 2.

I wonder what they have planned ...

They also invited students of the past to write about their memorable experiences in STPRI, and i may be inclined to write in :)

Looking back, i used to look at the copper etched wordings signifying the opening of the school in the auditorium by the right side of the stage. I always wondered if i would live to see the day, as at that time, it seemed impossible for the feeble mind to cross the millinium. But.. they day has arrived... and i am here...

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...