Thursday 1 March 2007

i dunno what this is....

The day before yesterday, i was texted... I was invited to join a HOD meeting with the Minister of Health to KB Hospital. Like.. when did i become "HOD"? :P I thought i am the amah, clerk, therapist as well as the head... Such an interesting label to what i am doing.. and if so, i rather just be a therapist, I thought to myself... anyways..

Wednesday, the Minister came with his entorage. i knew some of them as i used to work in Bandar. and i have always smiled and said hello to them,... so they remembered me... Kind of... Even my DGMS said hello to me (HE says hello to everyone!)

Anyways... in the meeting, we voiced out our troubles. and, with the help of my current CEO, Jamal, he highlighted my clinic's problem re: our salary scale. I am being placed lower on the scale than i should. There are many times when i wanted to quit because of it. There are also times when i don't want to do things because of it... Sometimes i still think about it... I feel bad about it... but really... I feel negelected.

I also help highlighting problems of other services of my friends... Why should we be put down because we have limited man-power, no equipment or expertise as we are not sent for training. Being the 'rare' species of the country and looking after it is not something i recommend... its draining... and much unappreciated. ofen dismissed to be unimportant part of the integral system. an after thought... and whats more sickening is,... people dont even know what you are doing!! Medical professionals!!!

Highlight of the day came to me when i 'corrected' a man in the meeting room of something he thought to be as true. I have a strong dislike re: this man, so correcting him politely and as loudly as possible is not somthing i am ashamed of!

I also took the opportunity to talk to someone to ask about 'legal' procedures within the Ministry. Answers were encouraging and this, i reported to my colleagues, for them to take further action as i have already did the enquiring, asking, mingling and paving the way.

i was so HIGH for a while... but then... 2 days later.. I am more subdued. I am thinking... can i really believe and trust the 'admin' after being lied to, uncared for, disregarded FOR YEARS!!! The system fails me....

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...