Friday 21 March 2008

hanging out

yesterday, my friends and I decided to go out for a meal and then hang out. There were no clear plans but eating and bringing out laptop along were pre-requisite.

We wanted to eat at this italian place that offers 'eat-all-you-can' meal, however, the establishment was closed. We were picking our brains of places to eat next, when I decided i wanted Italian and head off to the other slightly pricier italian place. I had my usual - though i was supposed to share... I kind of eat the whole pasta all by my self ;) Sorry Girls!!! Its my favourite :P

We, i think, ate a bit too much, as someone felt bloated. I on the other hand, felt just ok. If truth was to be told, If i did not stop myself, I could have continued eating ;)

We hopped off to the nearest cafe where the internet connection was complimentary and decided to sit for a bit, discuss and look at pictures. Everyone had their own set of pictures to show off ;) it was nice...

The internet connection was, however, annoying. I could not tell why the connection was terrible, but then, it started to pour, lightning and thunder was present... then i said to myself "no wonder", and squeezed myself to the corner.... trying to move away from it all, trying to protect myself...

I remember when i was much younger, my parents fed me the notion that every time there is thunder, it means god is displeased with some kids... and until today, every time i hear thunder, i feel like i have done something bad... and i just want to wrap myself up in bed, surrounded with pillows and duvet for protection and comfort. i often chant prayers while driving...

My uncle in Kuala Belait often laugh at me, as i always excuse myself, even in the middle of watching a tv program if there is thunder to the bedroom.

On a lighter note, as the girls and I were walking towards the cafe in Gadong, we saw this father on a comfortable sofa with his baby in his arms on hi s lap. From afar, it looked as if the father was cooing the baby to sleep. Upon nearer and further investigation, i noted that the dad was sleeping as well.... with his head down, mere few inches from the baby.

We walked past the baby and father for the second time, when i said to my friends to watch if the father is drooling on the boy. They burst into laughters, and said i had an evil mind... I don't. but, it would be hilarious to actually see the father, being tired as well, drooling on his sleeping child ;) :P

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...