Thursday 6 March 2008

Happy...

We all know what we are deep inside... whether we are nice or nasty. But often, others judge us from what they see we do, or say. Yesterday, I was informed that I had new patients to be seen, and as I had freed the rest of the afternoon (under false impression that i would be on a course the whole day), I rushed to the crime scene to see the patients.

I had a pair of old lady and gentleman, obviously in different wards. I went to see the old lady first. She was surrounded by her grand-daughters. I liked her... I made her smile, and tried to get her to communicate and respond to her grand children's delight. It was easy as she was responsive. It would have been harder if the old lady was not responsive, and did not find me 'cute' to respond to...

The gentleman was hard of hearing... and his daughter was unsure which of his ear was the better ear, hence, I did a mini test to determine the good hearing ear. But, he did not respond either way. I then think of tricking him to respond, by saying something silly. Fortunately, he could not resist, and responded to everyone's amazement.

The old lady and gentleman made me happy yesterday. Though I was really tired.. and came home slightly late... and was yawning all the way home... i felt like... yesterday, i achieved and touched lives :)

Just a few hours ago, i went shopping. I was in the line waiting my turn to pay my purchases, when the guy in front of me pulled his pants up. Two things came to mind... One is, OH GOD! That is how i look like when I pull my own pants. Second was, I noticed the man had bad varicous veins.... It looked painful, and possibly need surgery. Moral of the story: Do not wear shorts if you do not want others to look at your imperfections.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...what exactly did u say that so silly that the old man cant resist responding to?? so was he just being lazy not to respond in the first place? lol.

Anonymous said...

lol...ada typo...but u get wat i mean..;p

Padian said...

I can't remember exactly, but it was a taunt... I must have said something like, its a pity kong2 cannot tell me... I would have given his something he likes to eat if he told me.... something like that! Works like a charm ;) works with our grandmother as well...

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...