Monday 7 April 2008

Youth and me

Recently, I participated in the first Brunei's Youth Congress. I feel it went rather well (the discussion bit), though it ended with a bit in an anti-climax feeling for me. There were many there, though the quality of participation is something else entirely! But, I have to give credit when its due, and for the first time, it is quite okay. Perhaps relevant agencies will learn from their first experience to make future congress better and more interactive and relevant with good if not better facilitators.

I was lucky, in a way that i was selected to speak on a topic where i had some ideas. others were not so lucky where they had to discuss a topic new and foreign to them, such as youth and employment. Only if you are of a certain age and maturity would you tend to think in that direction. Otherwise, its something younger youths dismiss and leave for relevant and older authorities to plan, and resolve!

Being around other youths and thinking of one particular topic for a few days is NOT ENOUGH to come to a conclusion of what is needed by the youths and the country. In fact, I believe the few days we had to discuss the topics were really limited and just the tip of an iceberg of what we can really think and achieve from... there are so many things to learn... so many things to absorb and many other things to learn to comprehend.

I throughly enjoyed my day in the limelight and exercise in public speaking. It was fun and exhilarating. I recieved many nice compliments and i will treasure them always :)

Perhaps, working in an environment where I can use that talent would be great. Do you see me as a public speaker? motivator? or teaching public speaking?

On second thoughts, I should really LEARN how to do it better before TEACHING others of ONLY what i think is best! :P heheheheh... even if experience is a poweful tool, knowledge is very useful ;)

2 comments:

FR said...

kaka - tell me more about this youth congress.. how did you get into it? and what did you talk about? perhaps email me or something, or i shall call you in the weekend.

Anyway, I think i'd be interested in attending this sort of thing, although not quite saying what I've got to say to begin with ;p

Rozi said...

Public speaking eh, you should join the Brunei Speakers Club. You might as well be certified ;-)

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...