Monday 25 May 2009

A while back, i had been suggested to write a piece on how your memory can be triggered with music or how you associate certain things with music.

Looking back, its been 10 years since i left Uni... and i had FUN in uni. Just a few moments ago, I was 'talking' to a friend from Uni, and how he said, one of the lecturers still remembered me, despite me NEVER saying more than 'Hi' in the hallway! I wonder what that was about... will wait for an answer from C.

Anyways, that made me think of all the music i was exposed to while i was there... How certain songs were emotional to me as it coincide with certain significant events in my life. But, certain songs also triggered past memories.. i can even see it right in front of my eyes as if it was yesterday.

Most of you whom knows me, knows that i don't dance well... but, as you were growing up, and trying to fit in, when others are trying to dance and follow the steps of certain songs, after much protest, you join in... I did not fully enjoyed it, but it was something WE did together and i remembered it... brings back a certain kind of glow and warmth from within.

Eternal was playing and hot on the charts when i went to London for the first time, and met the other 'friends' for our first Junjung Ziarah.

i was heartbroken and listened to the Honeyz millions of times... on repeat!

Robin William(s) released his single and it was only a few days before i met/knew of F.

Gary Barlow released his own album while i was on Summer block :) that kept me sane!!!

The SPice Girls released their singles nearing christmas made us all ran to Wollies down the hill to get one ourselves... and forgetting to revise!

Brightman and Borcelli released their song almost easter and nearer to exam...

There was STEPS that surprised everyone that they can stay as a group more than a year... that taught me determination :)

and more...

every time i go through my old music collection, and truly enjoyed the pieces, like Aqua :P, certain memories comes back... visions and recollection of events comes back...

Though most of us "uni friends" are no longer friends... (a different article), music did bring us together and closer at that time.... and then... there are happy memories...

Just a few days ago, Y excitedly introduces a song to me in his car. It was funny, it was catchy :) Liked it immediately. Then, as i was driving home from a long day at work yesterday, I heard the song and remembered Y. He got a text from me... :)

Power of association... and memory :) and my positive entry after a while...

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...