Friday 14 January 2005

PACKAGE...

Recently, one friend of mine from University sent me a package! I didn’t even know who it was from let alone thought it’ll be from this friend, Kate… as we write each other once a year!!! So I went to the post office, trying not to be excited as packages always fail me… You would think a package is filled with stuff like books, something thoughtful… but its usually clothing… clothing and more clothing!!!

So when I was there, the lady over the counter handed me this typical looking box, I was still ‘NORMAL’. I started to be a bit abnormal when I checked the sender’s address… CARLILE!!! That meant only one person… immediately… you see excitement on my face… You FEEL excitement emitting from me!!!

I went to the immigration desk, smiling and hyper… my pitch was also high and sing-song… electricity filled the air… it was potentially charged with happy vibes!!! They couldn’t piss me off even if they try…. I tried to rip open the package, but I couldn’t, but still… a silly smile on my face!

When I finally managed to open the box…. You never knew my smile could get bigger, wider and very potent… EVEN the immigration officers were also smiling with me… or maybe at me… at that time I couldn’t care less… all I cared was what’s inside the box…

I saw an envelope… it was a card… Ignoring the officer’s indication to show them what’s in the box, I clutched the box dear to me… and read on the card! It really was from Kate as I suspected!!! And I was sooooooo HAPPY!!! My happiness was unmistakeable!!! I even told all that would listen that it is from KATE…. Its KATE… KATE sent me a PAKAGE!!! It is from the UK… it is from a FRIEND *HUGS*

Smiling like a mad woman, I finally relented to showing the others what were in the box… There was cake… (She GOT married and bless her soul, sent me a piece of her wedding cake!) And there was chocolate wrapped in pretty gauze-like fabric with ribbon (SOOOO stylish!) and a little red-booklet thing with ribbons…

I took the little red-booklet… flipped and… I went over the moon…. I was soooo happy… happier than I initially was…. Is that possible???

I just could not contain myself any longer… I had to share my joy around!!! It was pictures of Kate and her husband, Andrew… I showed them off… pointing to who was who… spinning stories of how we met and why…. And everyone was spell-bounded by me and my stories… maybe they have never seen one goes really HIGH on a simple package!!! It wasn’t like they can ignore me… I demanded participation from them… he he he… it was really cute… I really did make a scene…. He he he…

I dare say they enjoyed my emotional outburst…. They were happy to see my friend… they asked questions and they were really nice… shared my enthusiasm, happiness, joy, elatedness… I could HUG them all that day!!!

I was on cloud nice for the rest of the week… I remembered… I was just smiling away. he he he…. Now… When is my next package coming? Whom is it going to be from? I wonder if I am meeting the same set of officers … he he he…. What an excitement!!! I’ll never think of a package the same way again…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kaka i miss you!!! you biting me! you pushing me off the bed... you wanting me to keep to my side of the bed!!! ;p muahah!!! 5 months!!! =)

Padian said...

I recently got hold of Kate and Andrew... They are fine in Carlise, despite having no electricity for 2 days and bad floods... Sounds like bad weather everywhere... and i have told them about this site as well.. and something dedicated to them :) I am sure they will LOVE it as they were very happy that they reached "dizzy heights of mini celebraties status in Brunei". he he he :)

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...