Wednesday 6 July 2005

The month of July

I am so sorry to have been quiet... but if you are unaware, I just started my "training" for the kapal belia... Hence, I will be busy most days... We are training 6 times per week, and it usually starts at 7:30 pm till about 11 pm. By the time, i get home, i look through some work and i am DEAD TIRED!!!

I had some ideas what i wanted to write for this special month... and one of it is my BIRTHDAY"! YES YES YES... the dreaded event... I am getting older... In my life, I have only been thrown one suprise birthday party to which i almost did not come, due to health reasons...

Since i was a little girl, my parents disbelieved in celebrating birthdays, BUT i do get presents, as well as cards and greetings. It never seemed to bothered me, but other children that got to celebrate their birthdays in a big way and often brag and look forward to it often annoyed me... Now that I am working and much older and is able to support myself without much burdeon on my parents, I am open to celebrations. This is the usual big feasts in restaurants... but i belived in my parents' teachings... i dont celebrate it so much...

I don't mind the quiet get together, cheer, call, text, greeting or even presents... but i dont quite like the fuss of a BIG CELEBRATION... Hence, over the few years, every time its my birthday, i KEEP quiet and keep to myself... let the hype DIE... and resurface a few weeks later... BUT this year, I have to cancell that tradition as other members in my office wants to take leave as well... one can't be selfish...

Its even not suprising for me if my family members forget my birthday since everyone is sooooo busy with his Majesty's birthday. My dad usually work his arse off unitl the early hours of the day... and my mum usually waits up for him... my sisters had the walking along the road... and occasionally not being in the country... They do, however, remember before the month changes to August as the "HYPE" starts to still.

There is the issue of my birth date... there is this mysterious mystery clouding it... but that is for another blog entry, hopefully before my birthday...

Maybe tomorrow, I will try and fill in another quiz and see if you agree with it as my two boys (Burt and Zul) keeps on commenting about...

Keep the tag board active... leave footprints in the comments... dont be shy people... If i am going away end of this year, it would be nice to come back home to something on the tagboard or the comments board!!!

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...