Tuesday 17 October 2006

bits of this and that update!

The Mac Book is something new to me… few are surprised with the decision made to change to apple. Its not something planned, but now that I have it, one really has to learn to utilise it. I haven’t been playing with it much, but I am doing something else, reading the manual – learning more about this piece of sophisticated machinary.

I am home now, and trying to find out if my uncle’s place can detect wireless connection from the nearby shops and school. But alas to no avail! I’ll just have to go to the shops every other day for free connection or go to the shops for a dollar per day for limitless access! ;) choices, choices, choices…

It soon Hari Raya, or Eid, and the people in the hospital (KB) are busy decorating the clinics. They are not as fancy and competitive as they are in Bandar Seri Begawan. And most of the decorations are modest and laidback. My contribution to this festive season is a huge colourful ketupat on my office door, and some shiney flashy hanging bit from my door.

The outer clinic (ORL) is a bit flashier. I helped. They have lettering from foams, shiluottes of mosques covered with shiney gold and green wrappings, paper rings, fans, and turning paper stuff! Maybe I’ll get my camera out and let you all see for yourself.

My patients have not greeted me with “Selamat Hari Raya” hugs/kisses. Or even cards. Even my old patients have forgotten all about me…. :( sob sob sob…

Moving on… I recently complained of bluring vision when reading and am definitely making more mistakes stitching. So I went to a private eye shop and screened my eye. I was not goven any information, but was suggested to get glasses. Since I had bad experiences from eye glasses (On and OFF with the glasses) I decided to get a cheap one, and that was clever of me. Just after I got the glasses, I put them on, and my vision is worse with it than without it! So I decided to see a real professional.

I went to see an Optemetrist in KB. He took some details from me, and asked how old my glasses were. And he did some tests, similar to the ones from the shop, but he went a bit further. He explained things to me. Get this… my eyes are NORMAL, and I do not need glasses. Well,… I do not need them now, but I may need them in my 40’s, so he suggested that I go on a yearly eye check up and that is what I will do. What am I to do with the new frame? Donate them? Keep them?

Back to this hari raya mood, I was listening to Kristal as usual… and they have started to play the Kristal idols of the DJs singing! OH MY GOD! WHY WHY WHY? Why even attempt? Some of them are HORRIBLE … he he he… not that I have a good singing voice, but I do know to keep them singing voice in the bathroom or car when I am alone! It gives me the cringe factor listening to them… but 100% marks given for willingness to make a fool of oneself!

I am trying to mix all news-worthy materials in a blog… seeing that the past few entries were a tad heavy for most! But this will have to do for now… I probably would run out of idea if I write everything in an entry :P so until then, keep blogging in..

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...