Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year!

Its 6 O'clock and i was woken up by my regular alarm to get up!! I had an early night last night, so it wasn't too much trouble to get out of bed.

This year (well, more so last year), unlike any other year... there was no great family do, no get together amongst friends, no crazy texting "Happy New Year". This time round, the change of year is just another day!

A few weeks back, i was listening to the radio. Though I dislike the DJs, they raised something worth sharing. They were saying that we should list down things we are grateful for, happy that it happend in 2007. As I was listening to the radio, i tried to list my own 5 things, but it was so hard.... so let me try again.

5 things that i am happy for that happened in 2007:
  • I lost some weight. Now the problem, is losing more, or maintaining the loss!!!
  • I managed to maintain a savings. Not much but enough to furnish my new room.
  • I purchased a nice big TV for myself. My first own TV, excluding the one i share and purchased with friends in UK.
  • I read books :) Though I should make more time for it.
  • I am happy i am in KB... away from things... and able to breathe and savour things around me though its hard work and exhausting!!!
So, there we have it... that took an hour, mind you, to figure out.... To list things i am unhappy about in 2007 would have been easier...

To all, Happy New Year. Should you decide to list things you are grateful for, I wish you great ease, than the time i had to go through.

1 comment:

dr.rin said...

what a cool idea! today i was reading some manga talking about "happy grateful day", so what a coincidence! I shall blog about it tomorrow! happy new year! btw, i posted our photos from bukit shahbandar! :D

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...