Wednesday 12 November 2008

silly...

I guess people act silly sometimes... even brilliant ones.

My friend, A, became a first time father 3 years ago. He was ultra excited. And, i was obviously a 'consultant' on many different issues that i can help on. and, he often update me on his child's milestones... like, little Al burped today or Al can turn around. Its all so sweet and cute and even silly.

A don't usually call, so when he did, i was a bit excited. A said, "Al called me daddy today!" full of excitement in his voice.

I went like, " A! I am sorry to not share your excitement and all... but... i think fatherhood had damaged your brain cells! Al could not have addressed you... she is barely 3 months old!!! Even Einstein talked late!!!"

and today, i had a mum that came to the clinic with a delayed child.
me: C, is a very active boy, isn't he...
mum: Yes. that is good?
me: up to a certain limit. So, mum, how old was C, when he first started walking?
Mum: oh.. maybe 13 months.
Me: good. When did he first talk? like say Mama and daddy?
Mum: oh! i remember that well. 6 months!

PEOPLE are fooled by this tiny people... and its kind of cute, sweet and silly at the same time :)

PS: I am feeling a bit of my 'old' self this pm, and it felt great :)

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...