Wednesday 19 November 2008

absent mindedness

Just a bit over than a week before, my car refused to start. No matter how much i pressed on the pedals, it wouldn't budge. It made a struggling sound.... to which i can relate to totally... But I was thinking, you were running smoothly yesterday and last night!!!

I was already late, but not late enough to cancel just yet. I was confident the problem can be resolved in a matter of minutes.. to which i turned to my rescue-er; my uncle.

We were messing around, trying to find out and doing stuff to it.. but the car was determined not to work. 30 minutes had come and gone... and i had to cancel promising to see them next week. It was just not going to work. Obviously it needed a bit of TLC.

Not long after, it finally started. the battery needed a change. It served me well for 2 years and a bit. I had no qualms about that... its just one of those things that needed to be replaced. I, however, wished it would have told me earlier it was not working more that morning, so i could have done something to avoid it.

Anyways, a week later... I came to work to bad news. I had forgotten about the kids and had gone about my business as usual. I was outstation from the district... and they came to the clinic. They were most unhappy, i was told.

People are usually happy with me and my service. so when i heard this, i was most unsettled... I called them immediately, apologising for my absent mindedness. I offered another appointment date, and this time, i made sure i will not cancel!

And so, i had a brief chat with the car.... No more misbehaving!!!

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...