Saturday 22 September 2007

Freaked Out

I was cleaning my room, and emptying my book boxes when I came across several books I bought from the book fair several years ago. It was in English and something about Islam and it was produced and approved by the Ministry of Religious Affairs. Plus the fact that I bought it for 50 cents per book wink

And as it happens, one of my sister is dating a Caucasian, and so I thought it would be a good book to give him... nothing that deep to get him make a sudden decision but something to give him an opportunity to know the religion, so he does not get shocked. Anyways, an insight is good for any religion.

He came to the house with my sister and I handed him the book. He thanked me and I said read it... and left it as that.

Fast forward to several hours later, I was looking for a book... a little book. It was entitled “Convert to Islam”. It had gone missing. I freaked out for a bit, but eventually I wasn’t so worried, because it was a small book, and was sure I misplaced it. It was a book meant for another friend whom had already converted to the faith... Until my sister called....

Her boyfriend was worried he was given the book. He was like... ‘and so... I have to convert now’ (not an exact quote of speech). He he he.... poor boy! He must have freaked out.

I quickly called him to get MY book back.... but he was not available, and so, he returned the call. I wasn’t sweet about it either... I was adamant I must get the book back, and he seemed like he was more than happy to return it... hahahaha...

Anyways, there is a good but easy read book written by a westerner in English. I’ll get you the title for those of you interested. George Negus wrote it.

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...