Friday 2 November 2007

Growing old...

My parents wanted me to accompany them to "beraya" to their friend's house which is about 20 mins away at 90 km/hr. This was their high school friend and her name is Dk Damit, though she is more popularly known as Dk Small. I like the popular version better. and she lives up to her name.

My parents promised to met up another friend 'Amin" at the petrol station at Lumapas. However, this friend, not knowing where lumapas was, he stayed at the Limau Manis's petrol station... We waited and waited... only to find out her was still there... needless to say, we were going up and down the roads for a hour. We were late by 1.5 hours!!! (I had a headache!!!)

I was eating away and te parents and their friends were chatting and discussing and remenicing old times... things they did.. fun they had... they alsoo exchanged words and news such as whom is where... how everyone's health is... and whom had died, why and where...

It came to the soberring topic of aging. The lady (Dk Small).. she was saying that in her area, there are not a lot of the old people now. Most of them have died... and that leaves her and her siblings to be the "elders" in their village.

She also said that she had never imagined or visualised herself to be in such a position. Time flies too fast for her to realise it, then... it just happened.

It was as if, she changed from a youth having fun, to an aging old-ER woman instantly!

It didn't stop me thinking.... One day... I will be growing old... and would be one of the elders... what then???

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...