Sunday 8 March 2009

I was watching tv a few days ago. There was a competition of speech in Bahasa Melayu. This was carried out in Malaysia. Many countries joined. It was very interesting. Though I did not watch from the beginning, but what i saw was very impressive. There was a russian lady that spoke Malay fluently that I thought was brilliant. Accent was few and far in between detected. Idioms of the language, idiosyncrasies were also good!

The international participants wowed mee. They really blew me over. One in particupar, the winner of the competition, a Cambodian man. He was tiny that the clothes he put on was swimming on him. I immediatrly felt sorry for him. But when he started talking, I knew he was the winner. He was just charismatic :) Well done!

I was, however, dissapointed with the masters of ceremony. They should not have chosen him. He was obviously a bad choice. I was thinking.... Brunei would have never have a problem filling in gaps while waiting for the judges decision!!! Poorly done.

Another dissapointment was the gift certificate ceremony and the announcement of winners!!! It was OBVIOUS they did not have any rehearsal of such ceremonies as they were clueless of what to do! I felt sorry, not only for the participants whom made a fool of themselves, but also the dignitaries on the stage, while they helped to unconfuse participants, but making a mess! This clearly would not happen here, as this is one of the major event that would be rehearsed more than once, and getting protocol right is imparative in our culture!

On the whole, participants were amazing. Poor master of ceremony, and lack of organisation and rehearsal of events!

By the way, Brunei won 3rd place :)

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...