Sunday 17 April 2005

LAST day of my Bruneian Holiday :)

My decision to holiday locally had been a sound one… In these 2 weeks, I managed to get back to nature and still learn new things about my own country. I pride myself in knowing a lot about my country’s history, religion as well as culture… I may know a few things about my people… but I am not totally ignorant about it either!!!

Places I went to during this holiday brought me all over Brunei… I went to all interesting places to visit in every district with a little something on the side… It is always nice to travel with someone… then you have something to talk about… get to know each other better… rekindle the friendship etc.

Last year’s holiday was spent with Agnes in Malacca and Kuala Lumpur (March 2004) and later with Aunty Nor in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and its northern territories, Myanmar and Laos (July 2004). Those holidays were very exciting and I LOVED them… memories are aplenty… There are some memories… difficult to express in words… but with play back… it is still sweet as ever!

Holidaying in Brunei meant that I cut down on costs as well… No need to get tid-bits for people… AND you get to sleep in your own comfortable bed every night :) I’ve been to a lot of places… yet… my bed is the BEST place I would like to be in every night… I love my pillows, my air-con, my duvet, my lights, and my space… just everything in my room that makes it very very interesting and comfortable :)

This is one of the holidays where I get to DRIVE all over the place… I used to be afraid of the roads due to an accident I had with my friends years ago (Before University!)… It stopped me from driving for 5 years… And when I did learn to drive… I was always conscious of other people and used to be anxious on the roads… I began to love driving as my work load increased… I take to driving as I used to walking… as a means to release pressure and strains... It is nice… PLUS I am susceptible to motion sickness… It’s a good thing I like to drive… It reduces the symptoms… I still do suffer from it despite me driving!!! Especially if I am reckless! :P

Brunei is a very nice place to holiday in… All you need is good knowledge of the country and a car to get you about… There are many more interesting places I have not been this time round… perhaps when I have the chance… I may go and explore the other options… It would be really nice :) Tourism for BRUNEI is not dead… I wonder how the department responsible for this is doing their job… Tour of Brunei is usually only half a DAY… YET… I barely have enough time to explore it in A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

To end this holiday… My family decided to have a FAMILY BOWLING TOURNAMENT… Mini I hope… Sigh… and I am so horrible in this… I have recovered from yesterday’s motion sickness… but I am feeling feverish… my cheeks are rosy red… But play I will…. He he he… more updates next time :) Perhaps more pictures :P he he he he… Wish me LUCK!!!

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...