Friday 22 April 2005

my first crush...

Who was your first love or even crush? Do you remember him/her? Do you remember the stupid yet significant little detail important to you long ago??? Did you know what happened??? Did things progressed? I was just thinking out loud to myself… probably secondary to boredom as well as having nothing to say but demanded to update the blog,… I just thought of this….

Thinking back, I have to say I have pretty low hormonal problems (I STILL DO!!!) I really didn’t fancy any one in school… Private school or religious school…. Not that there weren’t any cute guys around… there were… and I remembered them… its just that I had never been attracted to them… not until I met this guy….

He was in my religious school… we were in the same class… he sat JUST in front of me… He was just an ordinary boy… he was cute but there were plenty of cute guys around… The thing that made him special and attractive was his VOICE and I his brains…

He was new to school… his mum (a teacher) was newly transferred to my school… and naturally, his sister and he had to follow… to make life easy I suppose… I did not pay him any attention; my attitude was he was another HUMAN. But a lot of the other girls were crazy about him… GAGA!!

We were always asked to read together the Quran first thing in every class… I was usually thankful because it was my WORST subject… Not that I could not read… just SLOW to read… But I ace other subjects!!! And I know the teachers know this!!!! One day in 1988, we were asked to read individually… I panicked… we all had to pay attention to who was reading what as we can be asked to continue reading from where the person last stopped!!! I was on ALERT!!!

Next thing I knew, the teacher was walking beside me… and he stopped for a while… my heart was racing MAD!!! He then lifted his stick… and I remembered thinking… “I’m DEAD!” and he touched not me but the student in front of me… PHEW!!! I was about to day dream when a voice like angel came from him… LOVELY voice!!! I was immediately in cloud nine!!! Eleven if you think it possible!!! How can a boy have a voice so heaven that it melts my heart!!!???

So… he is not so ordinary after all… yet, I wasn’t HEAD over Heels in love with him UNTIL… we had a surprised Rampaian (test comprising of 5 questions).. I was smiling because I was always ready (NERD!)… usually score high marks and would be one of the few that would get 100%!!! I was surprised the new boy had 100% as well… I mean… cute boy with brains!!! Since when???

I was really smitten… I was skeptical on whether he was really clever or was he just lucky… he didn’t disappoint me… he really had brains… I never actually said anything or indicated that I liked him… but I remember smiling more… I was SOOOO shy then… (Believe it or not!)

After that year, I was not meant to see him again… I moved to the morning session, as my secondary school was in the afternoon… but going to an all girl’s high school… girls were always talking about boys and his name was mentioned when I was in Form 4 (1993)… It seems like I have never forgotten him… more, I have never forgotten his voice… Where ever he may be, what ever he has done with his life, I wish him only the best… and my wish is that he looks after his lovely voice…

I don’t really fall for guys… unless there is something extraordinary about them… They have to be special… they need to have the special k factor… I like men, contrary to believes… but I try not to fall for their stupid tricks!!! (Ali, my best guy friend, thinks I like to have men for dinner and chew on their bones!!! That’s frustration talking due to their stupidity!)

The second crush I have is on Robert Downey Jr (1996)… and I still do like him… he has the looks, the brains and the voice :) What more can a girl ask for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to ask... Robert Downey Jr has brain? well if he does, he wont do stupid thing in life... he would use his brain to think twice!! dont be mad, just that i think gals normally fall for wrong guys!! i wonder, no brain or need eyes check?!

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...