Monday 16 May 2005

teenagers....

I always think teenagers are creatures that are self-absorbed, creatures that are useless and much more vicious descriptions comes to mind, but of which i will refrain myself from uttering. I always think they are irresponsible and just have TOO much hormones!!! There are plenty that would fit this description... On top of that, i have a dislike towards teenage boys, only because i had some ugly memories and that boys are boys and they are Horrible creatures...

Teenage girls are equally disliked by me... this is the time and age when they start to "QUESTION", talk rudely and acquire friends that are unsuitable! and this affect their life for the worse, only because they have horrible judgement call!!! Such immaturity screams and yells stupidity!!!!

i really do not have high expectation of them, and that i think so little of their capabilities... There are a few that are good "boys and girls" but they are like endangered species in a land full of dinosaurs....

I do not say this of the teenagers in public only, but i say the same of teenagers within my family!!! I must be well disliked by this age group because i really cannot stand stupid girls giggling away in a corner talking about boys instead of hitting the books, or boys playing computer games when they could have helped around with the house work!!! This is the time where we need to train OUR young!!! TRAIN them... BUT a lot have miscalculated and miss this opportunity!!! ARGH!!!!

I was chatting away just Sunday with a younger cousin of mine. He is roughly about mid-teen, still young to obtain a permit to drive! I usually do not discuss nitty-gritty of life with him... or barely even discuss or talk to him. Most conversation would be about school, assignments, his sister/parents... Occasionally about movies he had watched... Obviously i think him uncapable of talking about issues that really matter...

He suprises me to have a brain, a good functional brain that is capable of growing with enriched materials... he suprises me to have the ability to see through things as no other teenagers are able to see through or discuss openly and coherently at his young age!

it started with a conversation that was general... say about saving money which kind of translated and moved forward towards people in general and their abilities/inabilities to save... He had the hindsight that the "locals" usually live outside their means... and that they wanted to have status which translated to materials only later to be embarassed as they are unable to pay or complete payments! We even discussed about how even the low earning people can save up, or how their daily expenses are made up of wants rather than needs!!!

Like how many teenagers do you know can discuss about such topics openly and confidently and have reasons and examples to backup their speech/argument!!?? yeah yeah yeah... one is certainly exposed and well read... but a lot of them read, yet, they are unable to conclude and come to a good conclusion as to why such situations exists in Brunei!

My own COUSIN restored my faith in the younger generation... His ability to think beyound and out side his age as well as the BLACK box is most certainly refreshing! I'm glad that we are equipped with the young that are capable of "thinking", of using their brain processors and come to a conclusion about things or situations plaguing US!!!

I am certainly less worried that i would, in the future, be working with @#!%^*... Boys/Men/girls/WOMEN that are self-absorbed and are uninterested about the well-being of the people and our nation!

I know he is unique and I'm actually proud to call him a family member (despite him being kambang occasionally! :P), but I am now sure that there are plenty more where he came from.... He can't be friends with IDIOTS only!!!

And to end this, I would like to take this opportunity to appologize to my little brat cousin for undermining his abilities and was self-caught in generalising only because of past hurt! I look forward to more "brainy/sentitive" discussions on different topics on one of our midnight meets :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Padian, great blog! I will be back for sure! You might like my site about Young College Girls, it's not as cool as your blog, but I'm still working on it, check it out, Young College Girls

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...