Friday 27 May 2005

recent hot news

Its nice to be online again... even if it is not with my own desktop. So much has happened that i don't even know where to begin... But its always safer to start with the "Local News" and the newest and hottest news is the major change in the cabinet ministers.

I am very hopeful that this will bring positive change not only to them that had been newly elected, but to the people and his majesty's government. I am very hopeful that they are capable of change as well as setting some things right.... like improve the system... However, the day after the announcement, I was with my dad, waiting for our turn to see the Cardiologist when we started chatting...

He said something things that were true and was very upsetting.. at least it it to me... Shattered are the hopes and rose tinted glasses i had on for less than 24 hours after listening to the news... My hopes, wishes and aspiration for the system to change were shattered to blisters of glasses... It was enough to make me sad to this day...

What could so upsetting that had made me crumble? Well... Only the truth and an eye opener opinion can do that to someone... My dad, despite his flaws, is a brilliant man with lots of experience, and would know and understand what he is talking on about. We may have different views, opinions and faith in the government and system, but we both pledge loyalty to it!!!

SIGH!!! Essentially, he wanted to embrace the same faith and rose-tinted glasses i was wearing, but through age and experience, he knew this is not enough. By change and a better "system" we all want and dream of, a change of higher administration is not enough. What makes the "system" work, is the people at the grassroot level... and if the peolpe's attitude, aspiration and motivation don't change, what hope do we have?

I knew this to be true... the PEOPLE will not change... MORE like they do not want to change... they complain and they bicker, but they dont want to change for the better. Any productive and positive criticism given is always taken negatively, changed and moulded into something different and tell the whole world about how cruel "they" are... sigh...

I am so disappointed... When, when, when do you think will we change to a less blinded "people"? I am not talking about other people's ministry but my own... I just hope there is more transparency.... more initiative... more listening to the grassroot, more discussion, more caring, more motivation to help.... more passion.... I always believe in passion... without it... what are we???

2 comments:

AlaiMidget said...

Hey Ka Meela, I know...sometimes you just wish that people will change and be more proactive and definitely be more passionate, instead of living our passive lives and just hoping that things will change. on the other hand, there is you and there is me and hopefully there's many more who are willing and will make changes... u can tell m wearing the rose tinted glasses too :p but maybe we need it...we need the hope to dream and with dreams, to achieve :)

Padian said...

I used to think the same way... but with only us, its a long and hard struggle. And with many obstacles along the way and with many people hindering progress, and negative attitudes... you tend to be disheartened... and this is what is beginning to happen!!!

Almost 6 years working is "Umur jagung muda" but within these period, i tried so many things to change things for the better... Without support, we cannot go far... and support of our superiors are what we are lacking to make our beloved country change!!!

Hope, i wish and hold on to, is fast disappearing!!! :'(

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...