Friday 29 December 2006

Who is Frank?

I only had two chats with Frank after 7 years of silence from both sides. And what this is, is an attempt to briefly summarise what "Frank" is , and what has changed. and so Frank, When you read this and find somethings unsuitable, please make a comments and set it right!

Let me first start and tell you all that Frank is Frank, and so, he may be called 'The' Frank, because he's the only Frank I know, and in turn the only one i have mentioned to all of you.

Frank, initially, was a stranger i met online some lonely christmas periods whilst a student in 1997. He was an operator in a chat room called 'Alamak' web based (and still working). As i was struggeling to get used to chatting and using symbols and shortforms in the chat room, i met Frank 'banned' who was nice enough to teach and occasionally answer questions.

So, from there on, it slowly blossomed. Soo from 1997-1999, we chatted almost on a daily basis. We chated about nothing serious most of the time... just wanting to chat about things.. or people sometimes. There were also periods of silence, for instance summer, when i went home and did not have internet acccess, or when i go on holidays during easter or mid-breaks.

But, Frank, being nice, and having ulterior motives at that time I wasn't aware of until recently, called me at different parts of the world. He used to call me several times whilst I was in Belgium at Bungu's. he also called me in Brunei when i started working - daddy picked up the phone! I was soooo scared! :P

Frank and I also have several friends in common, like Tag. He had kept in touch with them, unlike me... and it is very nice to know that i have made friends with all of them all these years and that we maintained to be friends... and i'd like it to happen til forever. They are nice people.

On to more personal details about Frank.

I am unsure of his full name. I don;t think i have asked this before. But he is Frank to me. He is danish, but he lives in Sweden with his children. (I didn't get the chance to ask if this is still the same) He is, currently, should have had enjoyed christmas with his family in Denmark, and with his Fiancee soon after.

Frank has 2 children, I have spoken to both of them. He has a daughter and a son. Both of them quite cute. I have seen them grow from these cute little things to this big things... teenagers.

And with that, he used to have a wife/partner. I have never asked which it is... It was kind of snooping at that time, i felt... but i'll ask when I'll see him online again.

Frank is recently engagged to this malaysian girl from Johor, Annie. She is a muslim, and hence, Frank is now learning to understand and find out what Islam is all about.

Our first two conversations was about conversion of faith... and many angry remarks and outbursts from me... any how... Frank was unmoved...

so... that is it... Frank in summary for all to enjoy... 'my' frank.

If you all have any questions, you can ask him. I'm sure he'll answer it as soon as he gets out of his 'holiday' season. If i know Frank, I know he is not able to be away from the internet for long ;) :P

I hope you like this brief summary Frank :) You're famous now :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi kak, good summary abt Frank. U mentioned that he is the only one u ever mentioned...so r there others??hehe.

I use to enjoy my time on alamak chatroom as well during my one yr di leeds after my lectures..made two good friends from there :)

Happy new year kak :)

FR said...

Alamak huh... I'll go on it NEXT time..

Anyway kaka.. great summary... Now I know a lil bit more about Frank! =)

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...