Monday 28 May 2007

Good day...

Today is my day to visit Tutong. I had a full day with the exception of one calcellation - the child has exams. But, it turned out to be 'busy' as the patients turned up earlier. Spent a little more time with them... Why not huh...

For the first time in a long time, i had lunch with someone from work, an occupational therapist - in the hospital's canteen. it was plesant. We caught up with things.. also exchanged referrals of patients (the 'highlight' of the day :P) She informed me that there may be a course that i might be interested in... and its held in IPA soon... and i have been thinking about it.... lets see...

Anyways... today, i had fun things planned with my patients. Its fun and easy, however, i knew they won;t be able to grasp it, apa tah lagi play it independently.... THEY SUPRISED ME! they played well... and this is a group of 4 with learning disability!!! I had to think quickly for another game. Thank god i always pack something extra that can be used in case of emergency! THAT was fun and i had to praise them all... I also encouraged parents to continue with good work :)

Later, i had phonology group... and they managed to get 100% production of the phoneme in all positions... and i have only given the work last week. They moved too fast... Luckily for me, I kept the clinic equipped with phonology therapy material :) and they were blessed with harder sounds :P hahahahaha :P the kids were excited. I told them they are doing 'big' boys work ;) hahahahaha...

Lastly, I had my all girls language group. It was supposed to be a group of 5, but only 3 turned up. I had 2 of them for at least 5 years and the other one for 3 years. They have multiple problems but essentially all have self-esteem problems, poor processing of info, inability to express themself. But today, all the girls spoke up... and they were fighting for speech time to tell their news or answer questions. They were so good that o gave them 2 gifts each!!

At the end of each session, i informed parents that their children had done extremely well.. and what ever they are doing and feeding them... DON'T STOP!

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...