Sunday 27 May 2007

Hair

I am sure everyone has obsessed over their hair at some point in their life. I remembered when i was a growing child (9), i was asked to cut my shoulder length hair short. I didn;t mind... but i was in for a shock as to was constitute SHORT!! the hairdresses did my hair in a pony tail and started cutting it from before where the rubberband met.... it was THAT SHORT! i think i cried and screamed inside.... i also took the pony tail home... sadden by the fact...

It didn't stop there.... I was looking back, flipping through pictures when i saw a picture of little me with afro hair... and suddenly i remembered. I was brought to the saloon (4) and sat on this wodden plank of the chair and was doozzzzing of in the seat waiting for the curls to materialise... apparently, i had 'the' hair then... :)

Now that i wear a headscarf (almost everyday), i went to a hairdresses and said, i wanted a nice layered cut, colour and perhaps some highlights. The conversation goes like this:

hairdresser: mau apa?
Me: gunting. layer ah. also, saya mau colour... also a bit of highlight sini (pointing to my top layered hair)
hairdresser: kenapa
Me: kenapa? lawa jua tu.
Hairdresser: Kau pakai tudong

Like... since when do girls yang pakai tudong inda boleh .. opppsss... Like.. since when do girls with headscarfs are not allowed to have hair fashion sense... and since when do hairdresser stop them from getting what they want....

Sure sure sure... no one gets to see and go... "wow! you look gorgeous!" but hey... i dont do this for people.. i do this for myself. What makes me feel good, makes me feel happy... and so.... get to it already!!

Just last night, i was twrling my hair... and was contempleting..... have curls or not... wont that be a fun trip to the saloon again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heheheheh owh I miss you meela... I'll go hairdressers with you anytime.. that would be fun! *hugs*

moon

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...