Friday 4 February 2005

Death....

I woke up early today... which is not particulary me... I went down to check if everything is alright, as well as to switch on the water pump to have a shower.... It was then that i found a green basket with something in it.... it was a cat... BJ in particular...
BJ, was this almost 2 years old, 3/4 persion cat... All white... very friendly... lovely and lively... she was just like the sweetet cat :) So huggable.. loveable... even kissable :) She was actually Hannah's cat (My neice) but somehow got to stay with us and her mum and siblings :)
I was shouting for ROSTIAH (the girl that stays with us whose job is to look after the pets as we work) to find out what happened.... All she said was that BJ was looking unwell and is not being herself. I got WORRIED!!! I wanted to bring her to the vet, but couldn't.... :(
She felt so cold... she look so sad.. her eyes were dilated... I KNEW... and i felt this enormous guilt... SADNESS :( I sat with her through out her difficulties.... No one deserve to die alone, not even a cat...
It looked VERY painful... death... i prayed and prayed... God help her die faster... Please take her... tears were rolling off my eyes... *sob* Even Robert cannot cheer/console me!!!
Rostiah and I went to check on the other cats... and Spider, BJ's brother, was also not being himself... We called the moving vet, Dr. Mohan, and was suggested to bring all the cats, their food etc to him... that's exactly what we did...
NB: Patch, my aunt's cat, had died a week plus before.... and Steel was in recovery and on antibiotics after not being himself as well. He was said to have a temperature of 39.9 degrees celcius! I mean... in human terms... that BURNING!!! (Steel is recovery but in isolation from the others!)
He, the vet, thinks it may be food poisioning.... Spider has a fever of 40.9 degrees celcius!!! OH MY GOD!!!! What is happening??? From my family to my cats???? I couldn't very well break down!!!
He told me what to do.... Sprider was also given antibiotics.... he is on a strick soft diet.... and to be put in isolation.
I voiced out my worries about the other cats as my cats are dropping like flies!!! He said he would come and visit on Monday or Tuesday after work... He said it could be a possible "infectious" disease... Suddenly, i knew and understand the terror people felt when they have an epidemic!!! I was alarmed for all the cats... and felt this huge chain around my heart...
I pray all my cats will be ok... to take one blow after another and still compose yourself without breaking down is definately unhealthy... and i refuse to be one that is sadden by the loss of all her cats/companions!!! Pray with me....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg!!! si patch?!!!

and BJ!!! how is he? i cant believe this!!! do update me about this!!! i cant believe this.. kan nangis saya!!!

Padian said...

*hugs* yes... its patch... you remember her... the one kak lin's friend gave away... the one with 3 different coloured coat... she died like a week plus ago... that is when all of these started...

I'll keep you updated... jangan sedih... Kak jaga durang... They should be fine... i'll let you know...

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...