Tuesday 22 February 2005

Happy National Day to all :)

Dearest family and friends,...

Tomorrow is the infamous National Day of Brunei. That means public holiday (Yahoo!) It also means lots of fun to students and not so much fun for teachers that are working on that day... nor its much fun for people whom had to wait and be burnt under the scorching sun!!!! But.. I had fun when i was a student!!!

When i was a student far away from home... we never did have any celebration of the national day. Perhaps other places infected and swarmed by a lot of bruneians would have a get together... but in my city, with only 13 people living so far away and barely seeing one another (LUCKY to meet once a year!)... there was not much point... and i quite like being left alone!!!!

I would usually hum the national anthem for weeks prior the national day... and people would start looking at me... STARING would describe that better... I hum it in the loo, kitchen, or in the library... I often hum it when i am stressed ... (National day in February means lots of assignments to be completed before easter.... i would be usually stressed out!!!) Anyways... i hum it... but on the real day, i wake up especially early (like only 10 minutes earlier) have breakfast.... stand up, be still and SING the national anthem... I am patriotic... I did that for all the years i was abroad... :) Its like I did my part for and during my nation's national day!!!

Back in high school, I was part of the high-school team participating in the national day... we practiced lots of things.... and it used to mean no class... no need to learn... it also meant... i was gonna get really DARK!!!! (which i did.... a bit.... I don't brown THAT easy....) It was great fun :) For my friends (Iwent to an all girls high school), it meant the chance to see, oogle and talk to BOYS!!! I don't see why you have to... but they did... I still don't understand it....

Now that I am working, I sleep in *grin* I need REST to function better for the next few days of work, considering my leave will only be in April 2005!!!! Anyways... I have an excuese... I am driving to Kuala Belait for work on Thursday (24.02.2005).... I wonder if my patients would behave? Would they talk about national day? Should i teach them to sing the national anthem? he he he.... I am guilty of teaching a few of my kids the national anthem... most of them are hearing impaired... and i dare say... they are quite good at it... and they (and I) are impressed of their achievements... We sing most times before the start of our therapy sessions :) he he he.... why? I don't know... I enjoy it :P

So... the rest of you... enjoy National Day :) I know i would... and perhaps sing in bed and go back to sleep *wink*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello dear,
Are you sure that you stand up and SING the national anthem on your national day (When you were abroad)? That's a amazing...I can't imagine it....However, when I was young, I used to sing in the movie theater.
chia hui

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...