Thursday 10 February 2005

My Chinese New Year- 2005!!!

Yesterday, my family (my sisters and mum) and I, went to Temburong. The day before was my sister Elia's birthday. We celebrated the birthday amongst ourselves. We had the typical dinner where we enjoyed the food :) Elia was given the best birthday present ever, a massage pakage valid for the whole year! And it was at that dinner I was told I had to be home at my parents at 5 am sharp to get ready to drive to the borders as there would be a lot of people wanting to go across. NB: Temburong (where my grandfather, aka Akong, lives is separated by the neighbouring state, Sarawak) is where we wanted to go actually. So we had to drive throught Limbang, Sarawak to get to Temburong!

I am NOT a morning person, hence, that statement really made me almost wanting to CRY and NOT go to Temburong... But hey... the next day is still a holiday, so i made up my mind to WAKE UP and show them i can do it and be there on time!!!

I kept the alarm at 4... and i had 2.... as it turned out, i couldn't sleep very well because I was anxious to wake up on time :P he he he... when the first alarm did eventually went off, i was so relieved that i slamed it shut and went back to sleep hoping the second alarm would wake me up. THANK GOD my conscience was screaming to me to wake up... the second alarm did not work... and as i looked at my watch.. it was 4:30 am. I rushed down to switch on the water pump. Switched on my water heater. and Ran to the wardrobe deciding what to wear... RED!! find something RED!!!! and in my rush... i wore an unironed head scarf!!! ARGH!!! I dont do that!!! I must have been desprate!!!

I finished showering and put on my clothes (i wore dark jeans that looks like pants, a white t-shirt and a RED Cardigan!) I ran down to open the door and the gates and at the same time trying to be quiet as a mouse as the others are still asleep!!! IT WASN'T EASY!!!

I arrived at my parents 10 minutes late, thinking "I'm fried!". BUT... I felt strange as they have not been hounding me down... no phone calls... no punts that i was late... and no one was waiting for my arrival when i arrived! STRANGE.... so I called only to find out THEY have not woken up!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I was then summoned up!!! hmmm.... I was not pleased! But i let them carry on... It took them about 40 minutes to shower and feed themselves a BIT.... When we made a move to to the borders... guess what... we were not the only ones with the idea that an early bird catches the most worm! I dare say... the BIRD should have stayed in bed more... and catch more worm with an open mind and a different stategy! HMMMM.....

We waited almost 2 hours before we managed to get thought Brunei's and Malaysia's immigration posts. sigh... then the drive... we were again detained, waiting for the ferry to temburong.... When we finally arrived at Bangar (Tenburong's TOWN), we were famished that we stopped to eat before continuing to my Akong's. (HE lives like about 10 minutes away)

The Chinese New Year at my Akong is as usual interesting! we met our grandparents.... our aunts and uncles whom we have not met for year(s) until that day... and my little cousins that lived in Temburong whom i am shamefully responsible to admit are unknown to me... There are just too many of them... and one of me... THEY MUSHROOMed too often!!! i lost count!

Food as usual was GREAT. Chit chat amongst the cousins.... I always felt left out... I wan't young to be in the young and running group... I wasn't of the age to gossip about school and boys and examinations nor about teachers.... I was too young I feel to be talking to my aunts and uncles ONLY, and i wan't suitable to be talking to the married cousin of similar age... SIGH.... but overall... it was quite fun watching them... until i was so tired, i felt asleep :P Do you blame me??? I woke UP early :P

We left Temburong on a high... and with a promise on my mind... Next year... I am sleeping until 10 am before i even attempt to wake up and get ready to again celebrate Chinese New Year!!! :P

Last but not least... find time to check this out :P I got the idea from BURT!!! Quickly created my own as soon as i completed his quiz! Take my Quiz! and then Check out the Scoreboard!

PS: I am SOOO sorry babes.... We all left our cameras... At least i had an excuse.... but... we did take a picture... as soon as its available, it'll be posted here :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe.. if i were home, id make it more than 40 mins to get ready and feed myself!!! steady jua u bangun awal kaka!!!

and i cant believe kamu inda bawa camera.. i would have been with you, not having any particular 'group' i'd fit in well...

how was akong? and everyone else? i miss the food!!1 yummy!!!

Padian said...

I actually remembered the camera, but i was late and afraid of being fried... so i just left without...

Akong is 'okay'... he is really 'capi-capi'. BUT... ARGH.... what can you do??? I am so fed up that i refuse to talk to him!!! ARGH!!!! How can old folks be soooo STUBORN!!!!

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...