Friday 18 March 2005

I won!!!

I won!!! I can’t believe it!!! YES!!! I WON!! You read it right!!! Never in my wildest dreams have I even dared to imagine such a thing to happen!!!

It was yesterday or so that Khairol (also known as Achoi to family members) contacted me to ask (more of tell) if I played bowling and if I wanted to join his team… I asked if he was desperate as I was not a GOOD bowler… “YES!” he said… so I agreed to it. Little did I know that I was playing for RIPAS Hospital, REPRESENTING the hospital!!! Sigh… I was quite stressed out… I’m such a LOUSY player!!! But I didn’t back out… all in good spirits of sportsmanship or something like that… anyways… I was out for good fun… and it was being paid for…

There were 4 in each team, and the people playing for the hospital were me, Achoi, Yusri and Ak. Hadi. I have never met Hadi before today, but Achoi reassured me he was a good player… so that settled some of my nerves!!! I was then worried that he may be BORING or DRAGGING… but he turned out to be cool!!! And an awesome player!!!

They guys played very very well… I played ok… (HORRIBLE TO THEM!!!) but they support me all the way… none of the “you should have done it like this…” none of the “tamparan malaikat” look after my ball failed to knock down pins!!!

For that… I cheered on the team… Everyone can imagine my cheerleading voice… It was awesome :) I was easily the loudest!!! Even louder when my team scored spare or STRIKE! We give each other high FIVE after every turn despite it being excellent or not! We had good high team spirit! Even when I hit LONGKANG several times, they kept on saying I can do better next time… or aim middle… or well done… good effort and so on.. I love the team!

Achoi kept on saying, we just need you to get some pins… just kick the pins… and no longkang :P Easy for him to say!!! And Yus said… keep playing… keep up the good work! WHAT good work!!! And Hadi said… Its all up to you now… MEELA! MEELA! Sigh…. Siapa pun stress lah! :P Kidding boys!

The guys were excellent players… scoring about Hadi-198, Yus-175, Achoi-120 and Meela-89 (Roughly best scored of each team member! :P)

We all played 3 games… First game, we were the FIRST!! Second game, we came in second… and third and last game, we were third :P he he he… I dare say… with practice, I can play better and I probably will be more useful to the team :P

We all left in high and good spirits… not knowing Hadi before, I look forward to see him around in the hospital now ;) he he he… well done and congratulations to all :P

Funny things that had happened:
1- Because I was too tired, as I was about to throw the ball… it slipped from my hand, and flew backwards instead… I received roars of laughters :P that lifted my spirits… :) I knocked down 7 pins… he he he
2- We were placed next to the LAB team… and they were a soild team, out to win… We were all quite nervous… then… HADI won a strike!!! I SCREAMED!!! He he he… they all went deaf... and it broke the ice between the teams :P We cheered each other :P After all... we are a family!

I am sure there were plenty more… but I just can’t remember :P a good time I had :P As Yusri and I were celebrating our victory with a well deserved dinner… I received a message from Azhan… he was released from the army training for the weekend!!! It was an excellent way to end the day… with promise for the friends to meet up for movies on Saturday… Looking forward to more good time :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to play bowling with my husband(Tony). My best result was 210, average 160-170. ha.h.a..
chia hui

Padian said...

ha ha ha *HUGS* You play really well!!! You put me to shame!!! *wink* I cannot even get 100!!!

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...