Monday 6 June 2005

Perkampungan Kapal Belia

It has been tricky, it has been slightly difficult but in the end, I managed to be one of those selected people to attend the final selection of participants for the youth ship. Naturally, I am excited as i hoped and planned to be on that ship and have loads of fun... I aimed it for this year as opposed to several years before because I feel I need and deserve this break!!!

The main reason to join was to travel *smile* to see people, to learn, to grow but all at a minimum fare... All you have to do is use a bit of brain and physical powers as well as switch on the charm. I felt it was too good an opportunity to refuse.

At camp, there were lots of people from 18-30 years old; boys and girls. We were strangers asked to "MINGGLE" together in a structured environment and form teamwork *smile* It had been an amazing experience!

I made history by "EXERCISING" of which i have not done since the past few years!!! I didn't break any bones but i did sweat a lot! It was tiring but being in a group kind of gives you that push to actually complete the task. PLUS, i wasn't LAST *wink* That is always nice *Smile* Some of the exercises were night jungle walk up the KILLER hills and through the jungle in the dark without light, jogging first thing in the morning and morning aerobics!!!

Does it stimulate/motivate me to exercise? I am not so sure!!! I know i can do it but I'm slower... it also grabbed my attention that my stamina is at its lowest... but at this moment in my life, Where i have never dexpected to be in... I am just so unhappy that i can't and will not exercise!!! Even if exercise gives you this happy hormones... it wont make a dent in my dilema.. it is really beyond me...

Anyways... i got to sleep in this smallest room... i am very lucky as the other room stank!!! I had to room with 3 other girls, including one of my sisters... it was good... I didn't have a problem sleeping... I sleep anywhere in who ever's company...

My group consists of 3 boys and a girl.. it was interesting :) and i got to know them a bit better... Nice people *smile fondly* I was very worried i get to be in the company of snobs... (THERE were a few!!!) I enjoyed my time there because you have to do something structured and it had been planned out for you... you just have to carry it out and enjoy!!!

The thing i enjoyed the most is public speaking... i told you i like talking :P so i did just that... I dont have a problem most of the time standing in a group of unknown people and just talk... as long as i know what i am talking about... If, the topic is unfamiliar to me... then you'll probably see me shaking!!! otherwise, i am in my element!!!

Towards the end of the last day were were together... The "BIG" man was supposed to give hints of whom may or may not be joining in this year... but all he said was he'll get in touch with us... he didn't want to create a scene!!! That is alright with most of the people there... I didn't mind... lets get our fingers crossed and hope for the best!!!

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...