Monday 6 June 2005

The Crown Prince's visit...

It is long time coming... finally, another Royal member of the Royal family has consented to visit RIPAS Hospital officially! There were BIG preparations... BIG, HUGE and lengthy meetings... Plans are all in the pipes...

I am not sure how others sees it.. but i get worked up over it!! Why is it everytime someone IMPORTANT wants to visit the place, then people start worrying how the place looks like... how things work and function... the ugly and hot spots... They look and they try to create a better image of the false truth!!!

The hospital is a VERY sad sad place... It needs SPACE... PARKING space, it needs space to expand, it needs work space, it needs MAJOR mantaince, it needs connections between the two buildings, it needs to be more disable friendly, it needs labels and it needs WORK!!! All of which, everyone knows has to be improved... but why does it has to be ONLY addressed when someone is coming... Anyone ever thought of re-locating? Ever thought of something to make "space" less of an issue...? If someone is NOT coming, does it mean they will let this place be a rut?

I can expand more in this mind frame, but i better not! I still need my job to feed myself and my mind...

Anyways... my clinic was not supposed to be in the list of clinics to be visited... but my HOD thought it would be good to include us, and so we became a part of the tour. A lot of men came to the clinic... saying this and that and a lot more of hot air... move this, move that, this is not appropriate...

We hid a lot of things that did not work... such as computers that are Y2K not compatible!!! Antique typewriter and computers that are no longer working!!! We were also made to shift our working TABLES to give SPACE, because its SMALL and Crowded (I wonder what gave the impression!!!) even books and small table and chairs for the waiting area was asked to be put away!!! Which part of the tour of the clinic gives you a "true" picture of the working clinic???

We were only given 5 minutes to explain the function and role of the clinic... let alone it takes an hour to brief A-level students and 2 hours to student nurses about what it is all about! We had booked interesting cases for the prince to see and had made short but concise information "verbal pack".

On the day it self, the prince was running a bit late for some reason... later, we were told he may just skip our clinic... sad we were after all the work we had poured into it... but the Prince, Bless his soul, was somehow attracted to the clinic and suprised his group by walking into the clinic... the explainations and short tour started...

He didn't walk into my room, but observed from the two way mirror we have... I am grateful as my boys were beautifully dressed and well behaved!!! They also showed some of the work they had carried over at home.. I am proud of my boys!!! Also... they get to be on TV... I am sure they are very proud of themselves!!!

My collegues sang the prince's praises... said he was insightful and was able to put things together.. he had an idea what the clinic was about, and asked good questions :) I am happy to know...

I, myself, did not catch what was shown on TV as i was away for the "perkampungan kapal belia" read below for more details... but i was told they were on it...

There are MORE work to be done to this place... and i hope, just because the visit has stopped, continuous work to make this place breathable and liveable will continue... Lets just hope... (I don't have faith in the men... but I'll try to be positive!)

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...