Wednesday 15 June 2005

School Holidays!!! YAY!!!

It is the school holidays... and the roads are emptier... there are peace and quiet everywhere... and turn out of patients to my clinic had been on the low... I thought i'd never experience such BLISS :P

I used to wake up late, and because of the traffic due to the children going to school, (It does not help that i live just NEXT to a school!) I used to be slightly late to work... My new "AZAM" for the year was to wake up a bit earlier and i have been achieveing that almost 80% of the month, excluding Fridays and Sundays! So, I am slightly earlier to work, but not at the desired effect! I mean, I wake up early and left the house EARLY, only to arrive LATE as well... the TRAFFIC is unimaginable! PLUS... the HIGHWAY is getting more and more unimaginable with people actually STOPPING (0 km/hr)... what's the deal with that??? What happened to the concept of highway? BUT, during this blissed period, I can arrive to the clinic in less than 5 minutes on a reasonable speed on the highway as opposed to the usual 20-30 minutes!!!!

SILENCE... PEACE... TRANQUILITY... QUIET... sigh... i never thought i'd live to be able to re-live these words again... thank god for school holidays... I think the Ministry of Education should really give more of these to the kids... Its not only good for them, but for other adults that have or don't have children... For me, the bliss in the peace, and less traffic :) For the others, well, I am sure they can come up with their own happy list!

And since it is the School Holidays, some of the children go off for a holiday and they had forgotton to inform us of that little fact, meaning, we are left to enjoy the peace while waiting for them :) It really is a bless holiday season :) More should be created...

First time in a long time, I can actually hear me think... I can catch up with reading material, I have the opportunity to create more interesting materials to be used for the patients as well as update and write up patient reports!!! :) Isn't that good of me to do something useful with my peace, quite and tranquill time?!

The only drawback of this time is during LUNCH... I go out with my friends and i see these teenagers on the road,... just taking up space... They are so "disguisting" (I don't really like teenagers!!! or PEOPLE while we are being truthful!)... They pretend to be sophisticated (NOT!), they pretend to know what there is to know (NOT!), they spend money (NOT THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY!) and they just sit and do nothing!!! THEY POLUTE MY VISION!!!

Its a good thing that i have plenty to keep me busy and hitting the books at home, or I won't be able to enjoy the school holidays!!! Now you tell me how you are going to enjoy your SCHOOL HOLIDAYS???

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...