Thursday 23 June 2005

Love or Money?

I was listening to the radio one day... As usual it was boring... the DJs laugh at their own jokes... their sentence structure are attrocious, the callers are embarassing.... but i listen to them none-the-less... There is a reason behind this...

I was giving a lectures to "DJs" of Brunei several years before... And it was pretty embarrasing that I didn't even know what channel are what... I don't even know the local DJ's names... I don't even know what was available on the radio... All i know was that it was (and still is, I AM SORRY, but its the truth!) untollarable for me to listen to it every morning!!! But because of this incident, I tried to listen to more of the Brunei Radio channels... THAT is the only reason why i listen to them...

Anyways... one of the night topics was "love or money?" which would you choose... I listened for a while... but few minutes later, i could not hold it any longer... i switched the radio off... It is an interesting topic... and i am sure some if not most of us has thought about it several times in our life...

It would be a lie if i said it has not occured to me... When i was younger, my immediate answer would be "Of course LOVE"... Love was very important to me... the feeling of being loved, being adored, compassion and adoration... who didn't want that. Plus, I had this image of a fairy tale when you mention the word "love"... Who does not want a fairy tale???

Why not money? is it not important? At that age, the impression i got from the romace books i read was LOVE is enough... Money is something you can work on... something you can try and find... But if you lost love, you lost everything...

I am older and much wiser... and my thoughts have changed slightly *wink* Yes love is important but so is money... You can't live on love alone, especially with the current financial depression in the region and everywhere else... With love and marriage comes children... and children need a lot of $$$

If you marry for money, you marry the man for stability, companionship and understanding... Somehow, i feel, this is better than marrying for love, of which you get out of is heartaches and lots of it...

But then,... living a long comfortable life, but unloved is so sad... but then again, with money you can do charity work... and do something that you like... You have the choice of not working for a stupid boss...

sigh.... what is the right balance... i suppose you need both equally in moderation... and i definately like both if i can have it... but if i can't... well... you can't have it all... such is life...

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...