Wednesday 8 June 2005

A slow day...

Today had been a slow day… Time moves as if it does not want to move… For anyone who knows me well, they know I always start a day with a smile… I rarely grumble about a brand new day even if there is something awful waiting to happen… I like to start a day with a smile, because it is full of opportunities… but today… I just knew something is going to happen… or was it because I didn’t get good sleep, waking every few hours looking at my watch!

I walked to the clinic hoping my patients would come as I was scheduled to have a full day, and I was also hoping they would cheer me up as they always do… but they all defaulted me… they did not come… That was in the morning, so I thought the afternoon would be different… but NO… no one came… Is this why I was feeling gloomy??? Did I sense it?

I could not waste myself in the clinic so I decided to do a bit of reshuffling of tables… I am not sure if the others would like it, but it is kind of different and gives of an empty open space in the middle… I’ll let you know what they think…

My day really had been really dry and boring… the only highlight being me picking up my niece-Hannah… Really… If I didn’t have her this lunch, I would and could have just broken down crying my heart out!!! Anyways,…

I went to school wanting to pick her up, but did not realize that she had moved class… he he he.. I was LOST! Luckily, a lot of the hospital staff send their children there and knows Hannah very well… they kind of shown me her room… that was embarrassing… but as I entered the room, and she saw me, and was given a huge smile and hug… my life kind of immediately brightens… the tears all stayed away!

We were stuck in traffic as we made our way home, but we had good conversation in the car. She really is a bright girl… She really knows how to cheer me up – with her invitation to play with her toys, then giving me a choice to watch a cartoon DVD with her, as well as eat with her… That is rare… She usually just looks away from me… Probably my face told millions of stories that even a mere child could read it…

In the car, she tried to cheer me up by tickling me… I really am not that ticklish, but if it is little hands… they kind of remind me of mice’s little feet and that usually gets to me… I had goose bumps… she tickled me while I was driving… I had to ask her to stop!!! She found it funny that I could not handle her tickling me… so she did it some more... ha ha ha… that was funny!

Any dull, boring, sad, hopeless day… give me my family… any age, any member, any time and any where… They can always cheer me up… *hugs*

No comments:

Reminiscing Part 2

Part of reminiscing is you look back on what had  happened in your life, and what a better record of my past than browsing through this blog...